INFORMATION ON GIVING DONATIONS
LOOKING TO MAKE A YEAR-END TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION?
Now more than ever, as we provided a LEGENDARY comeback to camp in 2022 and now looking towards providing an EXTRAORDINARY summer for campers who are already wanting to come for 2023 – we invite you to consider giving to Camp Kwasind’s General Operations Fund. The intentional investment in such a gift could lead to significant life changes in hundreds of kids through the ministry of Camp Kwasind in our upcoming 2023 EXTRAORDINARY Summer Camp experience in 2023!
NEW! Kwasind’s 2022 CELEBRATION & YEAR END FUNDRAISING booklet is now available:
As we look to 2023 and in preparation for our 2022 booklet – you can still look back at 2021 and all that happened and give towards the mission of camp going forward. We invite you to download and read through our latest copy of the Kwasind 2022 Celebration Booklet “Ready to see HOW YOU CAN Make Kwasind EXTRAORDINARY” for campers returning.
In this booklet you will see what we were able to do this year while also see some specific funds and projects that will enhance the camp and the campers’ experience summer after summer..
“Your donation to our General Operation Fund this year is CRITICAL to ensuring we are able to be finish our LEGENDARY 2022 year and set up for an EXTRAORDINARY Summer in 2023!”
HERE ARE 4 WAYS TO DONATE TO KWASIND:
1. For individuals making online donation :Click here to Make a Secure donation to the KWASIND CENTRE Download Form to Donate Securities
SPECIAL NOTE: You can make a bigger impact by donating securities and mutual funds! A donation of securities or mutual fund shares is the most efficient way to give charitably. With a donation of securities or mutual funds, a capital gains tax does not apply, allowing you to give more and avoid paying capital gains taxes. Please email email@example.com if you wish to donate securities.
2. For organizations/charities/churches wanting to donate: Please contact our Office Manager at 905-294-6360
3. For individuals donating by cheque: You can also donate by sending a cheque to: Camp Kwasind, 5 International Blvd. Toronto ON M9W 6H3 (Please make cheques payable to CAMP KWASIND)
NOTE: 2022 Tax Receipts will be mailed out end of February 2023 – if you donate online you will get an automatic receipt
DONATION GOALS FOR SPECIFIC FUNDS:
General Operations Fund which includes budgeted Capital Investments (Goal: $180,000) These donations are used to support the ongoing ministry work at the camp including maintaining and building the infrastructure for the camp, the development of new equipment & building space, providing leadership for the operations, resourcing the camp programs and expanding the reach and impact of the camp.
Kwasind Centre (Goal: $100,000 of $2.1M still to raise by end of 2023) This fund is to support the building of the Kwasind Centre (www.kwasind.com.kwasindcentre). This building project is a unique way as we cross the milestone of 75 years in camping ministry, to BRIDGE the strength of our past to the growth for the future. To accomplish this vision, this building project will be an extension of the Mondamin Dining Hall building. The existing dining hall will remain as is, while we add a large dining hall/activity centre, expanding the kitchen, adding a new Tuck Shop, creating space for a staff lounge and indoor meeting space, new accessibility washroom, upgraded water and electrical system and additional office space.
Designated Funds (Goal: $125,000+) This fund is focused on special capital and other major projects that are “over and above” the day to day operations of camp. This fund allows us to focus on major projects and allows us to ensure that camp is able to make the necessary new strategic developments and upgrades that will position camp program and facilities for future growth. Click here to view the current Fundraising Needs / Kwasind 2022 Celebration Booklet. If you have any questions, want to have a camp visit or simply would like to hear more about the future vision and direction of the camp, please be in contact with us.
A MESSAGE FROM OUR EXEC. DIRECTOR
For over 75 years, Camp Kwasind has been a catalyst for the development of Christian leaders and creating memorable life-changing experiences where campers encounter the touch of God in one of the most beautiful environments in Canada. Since March, our world has seen significant change – including for the first time in 75 years the closure of our overnight summer camp. But we know two things to be certain – God is faithful and camp people are resilient, creative and innovative. By the grace of God and the collective efforts of camp people, we can be full of hope in looking toward future summers that will see the continual growth of Kwasind and hundreds of campers having the time of their lives.
- We are staying focused on our mission: Since 1944, Kwasind has played an instrumental role in providing hope, leadership opportunities and the life-changing message of Jesus to thousands of young people and we aren’t about to let a world-wide pandemic slow us down. We continue to be focused on helping all campers move one step closer to Jesus.
- We had a LEGENDARY return to overnight summer camp in 2022 and looking to 2023: One thing that our world learned through the closure of overnight summer camps, is that SUMMER CAMP IS MORE THAN JUST A FUN WEEK – IT IS NEEDED FOR SUPPORTING THE MENTAL, SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL & SPIRITUAL HEALTH OF OUR KIDS! Camp does so well at getting kids into the outdoors, building social skills, fostering friendships, exploring the Christian faith in a natural environment, growing in their independence and simply having FUN! So let’s make sure this continues at Kwasind! While we have the passion, the dreams and strategic initiatives in place to move us forward, with the loss of our summer revenue, we are in need of a team effort to financially invest into camp this summer. Together, please help us set us finish our LEGENDARY 2022 Summer experience and ensure we are in a healthy financial position for 2023!
- We are asking for the collective help of the Kwasind community: With all the changes and uncertainty that we’ve been going through lately, I find myself needing to focus on strategic steps to ensure a healthy long term and exciting future for Kwasind while also navigating the challenge of leading camp through this perplexing year. I recently received an encouraging message of HOPE from a “friend of Kwasind” who simply acknowledged the reality of what was happening to summer camps and asked, “How can I financially help Kwasind?”. This message gave me the encouragement that there are others out there who are in the position to help and financially invest into the camp that we all love so much.
As camps across Canada faced a difficult and expensive summer returning to camp after 2 years, we are asking if you would consider giving a financial donation to Camp Kwasind’s General Operations Fund. The intentional investment in such a gift could lead to significant life changes in hundreds of kids through the ministry of Camp Kwasind. Our goal heading into 2023 being able to address many capital needs while ensuring our core operations and to launch into the summer experience of 2023 with strong momentum in our preparation for another memorable, fun and life-changing summer on the shores of Skeleton Lake.
At this time I invite you to make a donation to help Kwasind cover our year-round fixed costs, staffing needs, property developments and expenses in prep for an EXTRAORDINARY 2023 Summer – thank you!
Without question, Camp Kwasind has rapidly grown over the last number of years and will continue to impact the lives of campers as we move into 2023. For 75 years we continue to fulfilled our mission of being a living demonstration of God’s love to the next generation so that they might in turn live out this love to their world. We continue to grow in our camper numbers, engage new families in the Kwasind experience and see a high retention of returning staff. All this and more is leading towards a strong future built on the legacy of people like yourself who were part of camp, believed in camp and ensured that it was and will remain a place where one can “feel the touch of God”.
Please prayerfully consider how you can make an intentional investment that will result in meaningful spiritual life change for hundreds of campers.
NOTE: We would appreciate it if you would please consider a monthly or annual monetary gift as a “Friend of Kwasind” as this helps with regular cash flow throughout the entire year.