Summer Staff Scholarship Fund Overview:
Camp Kwasind seeks to be a catalyst for the development of young Christian leaders. In pursing a quality camping experience for campers, it is our belief that the greatest asset that Christian camping has to providing a life-changing camp experience is rooted in the quality of its staff.
With increasing post-secondary education fees, cost of living, and other industries pursuing quality young talent, Kwasind is needing to provide additional financial support in addition to the weekly honourarium for staff, in order to recruit, keep and develop top level staff in critical positions of the camp.
To answer this, Kwasind piloted the launch of the Kwasind Staff Scholarship Fund in 2018 and has now formalized in 2019 and in fully effect for Summer 2020.
Financial support makes it possible for those demonstrating financial need, in post-secondary studies, having a passion to serve at Kwasind, with a necessary skill set and showing a value for their connection with their local church to continue on staff at Camp Kwasind rather than pursue other summer employment to offset the cost of post-secondary education.
Each year, based on the amount donated to the Staff Scholarship Funds from the previous June through April of the current year, will be disbursed based upon need, meeting criteria, and decision of the Staff Scholarship Fund Committee. Not all who apply for the scholarship fund may receive the limited funding available.
- Fund is to be use for summer staff only and limited to those who are returning to serve at Camp Kwasind.
- Must be enrolled/attending a post-secondary education, work for a mission organization or be a recent graduate.
- Applicants must demonstrate clear financial need.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership qualities, connection to involvement in a local church, and a passion for serving the mission of Camp Kwasind.
- Strong emphasis is place on applicant’s character references.
- Must be serving at least 7 weeks of the summer to be eligible.
Applications must be submitted to email@example.com no later than April 30, 2020.