2021 Camper Sessions
COUNTDOWN IS NOW ON TILL THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER CAMP 2021!
At Kwasind we use the theme each week to create memorable experiences for each camper through which they will have many “WOW” moments. With some of the best and most creative staff, we will be having a new theme each week of our camp program which will be revealed through challenges, activities, meals, worship, chapel, and wide-games. Campers will meet new characters and have fun adventures throughout the week!
Camper Weeks 1-7 & Teen Week
|Week 1 Kwasind’s Got Talent||July 4-10||7-15||$525|
|Week 2 Your Wildest Adventure||July 11-17||7-15||$525|
|Week 3 Creating the Unexpected||July 18-24||7-15||$525|
|Week 4 (Sun-Fri) Becoming a Champion!||July 25-30||7-15||$460|
|Week 5 (Mon-Sat) Splish Splash Let’s have a Blast!||Aug 2 – 7||7-15||$460|
|Week 6 Once Upon a Time… it got Crazy||Aug 8-14||7-15||$525|
|Week 7 Super Heroes Unite!||Aug 15-21||7-15||$525|
|Teen Week Bucket List||Aug 29-Sept 4||14-17||$540|
|Explorers – Girls & Boys||Aug 22-28||9-12||$525|
* Early Bird rates ended January 7, 2021 at 11:59pm
Summer Camp Details
- BUS TRANSPORTATION:
Bus transportation is provided for an additional fee either one-way or round trip from Toronto.
** not available for LIT, EXPLORERS or Celebration Weekend
- STAYOVER PROGRAM
We are running a special program on Saturday for campers who are registered for two consecutive sessions. What this means is that campers will now have the option to stay-over at camp between sessions (Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon) for an additional fee in which we have camp staff running a unique stay-over program catered specifically to that group of campers.
Laundry Services (Optional)
If registered for two consecutive sessions, campers have the option to purchase laundry services to have their clothing washed over the weekend between camp sessions.
- EMAIL YOUR CAMPER SERVICES (Optional)
>We are using BUNK1 camper email service to have their parents, family and friends send some short emails which will be delivered to the campers during the weekly sessions. Close to camp session time, parents will be sent instructions on how to sign up for the service which will include access to all session camp photos (free) and, as an option, the ability to email campers (for a modest cost).
We do ask for parents’ and family discretion in sending emails to campers as it can actually trigger homesickness, not only in other campers who do not receive any mail, but also in the camper him/herself. We ask that emails are kept short, positive, without stressing how much they are missed or what they are missing at home. Focus on excitement to hear stories of all the camp activities once they get home from camp will help the camper stay focused on enjoying camp and staying connected with leaders and campmates.
We respectfully request that parents do not leave packages to be delivered to camper during the camp session as cabin leaders find that it disrupts their cabin time with campers, and also triggers homesickness in others.
At Camp Kwasind each camper will participate in the 2 same morning electives of their choice throughout the whole week they are registered. Camper’s select their top 3 preferences for these 2 morning electives throughout the week and we do our best to have each camper in their top two selections. Elective Forms* can be filled out by logging into your account here and submitting your camper’s Elective Preference Form.
Elective options typically include (though subject to change):
Aqua Skills n’ Sports – a fun way to stay cool while working on your skills and confidence in the water! Each day there are different water-based activities and games depending on the camper’s skill level and enthusiasm.
Archery – teaches campers proper bow techniques, range safety and etiquette, using a variety of targets and games to make your marksmanship skills take off!
Canoeing – From the J stroke to the draw canoe will take you places through the water. Learn the best way to move through water, swiftly and silently whether it’s on flat water or on a canoe trip.
Crafts – get creative this summer, use your imagination to turn the ordinary into something truly amazing. Warning – it might get messy! But your artistic abilities will surprise even you!
Dance – if you like to move and use your whole body to express yourself come learn some choreographed routines to some fun songs!
Drama/Video – campers will learn some skills for the stage, building self confidence and performance ability. They’ll learn the difference between live action and video production and have a blast doing it!
Kayak – Like canoeing but with a two sided paddle, kayaking will teach you how to rocket through the water.
Land Sports – do you have extra energy you need to get out?! Each day is a different sport, work on the fundamentals of the game and develop skills that will last a lifetime.
Low Ropes – Work with a team to get through obstacles on our low ropes course. Your ability to communicate, trust, and take a step of faith will be tested. Shoes are required.
Nature Survival – the natural world has many hidden treasures and dangers, learn to spot them and how to use what’s all around us in the natural world.
Sailing – From jib to rudder, you’ll learn how to harness the wind and go on some sailing adventures with staff to take you through each step of the way.
Science – uses hands-on learning to make observations, perform experiments, and examine the amazing world God has made!
Ukulele – Learn some chords and strum along to fun songs in the grooviest elective out there.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
We recognize that not only do plans change sometimes and you must withdraw your child from camp, but that we are also living in uncertain times and decisions surrounding safety and health are needing to be taken into account as we look towards what we see is to be an EPIC 2021 Summer at Kwasind.
Here are some helpful dates to know in regard to cancellations and refunds that will be issued.
- Cancellations made before April 15, 2021 will receive a full 100% refund – no questions asked and no administrative fee.
- Cancellations made between April 15 and 2 weeks prior to the start of camp, will receive a full refund of summer camp fees & transportation fees if applicable less a $25/week administration fee.
- Cancellations made with less than 2 weeks prior to the start of camp will not receive a refund (includes camp fees and transportation fees if applicable), unless there is a medical reason with support from a doctor, in which case you will receive a full refund minus a $25/week administrative fee.
- For reasons related to dismissal from camp due to disciplinary action, late arrivals or early departures, campers will not receive any refunds.
COVID-19 Cancellation Situations
- If Camp Kwasind is required to close due to COVID-19 as mandated by the government or by the decision of the camp leadership, all families will receive a 100% no-hassle full refund of all summer camp fees.
- Should you choose Camp Kwasind, and later decide you need to keep your child at home this summer due to COVID-19 concerns, we’ve got your back. Camp Kwasind will offers a no-hassle full refund of summer camp fees less $25/week for administrative costs.
Medical Cancellation Situations
- If your child is required to not come to camp or needing to leave camp early due to physician orders due to illness (including the potential requirement for those with symptoms of COVID-19 to have to leave) you will receive a refund for the fees for the unused time at camp minus a $25 administrative fee.