JUST RELEASED ON JUNE 1, 2022 – CAMP KWASIND SUMMER 2022 COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Download it here to read about Pre-Arrival Requirements (Screening & Rapid Tests), Recommended but not Required Masking, Increased Sanitization & Cleaning, How Symptomatic or Potential Cases will be handled) and more information that is helpful as your child comes to camp this summer!
At Camp Kwasind, we recognize that you as parents, guardians and grandparents put a huge trust in ensuring that we provide a safe and healthy summer camp experience for your kids and youth each year!
While this has always been a high priority and value for Kwasind, now more than ever we are moving forward with enhanced health and safety measures and taking serious our response to COVID-19 to ensure we are able to do our best in providing a camp that will be safe, healthy & fun!
4 CRITICAL ENHANCEMENTS TO HEALTH & SAFETY AT KWASIND
ENHANCED ALL-CAMP CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- Cabins and Large Rooms will have a deep cleaning/disinfectant will occur between every session of campers with the use of disinfectant foggers and new sanitization procedures
- Dining Hall, Kwasind Centre, Lodge, Bathrooms and other gathering places will be cleaned and disinfected 3 times a day with focused on high touch areas – door handles, light switches and counter tops
- All shared equipment will be cleaned between uses
- Hand Sanitization stations will be easily accessible around camp
IMPLEMENTATION TRAINING FOR HEALTH MEASURES
- How and when to properly use Personal Protective Equipment (ie. gloves, mask, gowns etc)
- Going over proper technique for cleaning and disinfecting procedures as related cabins, equipment used in electives, bathrooms and large room space
- Trained in new procedures related to handling of meal times, campfires, large camp-wide games and in cabin time
- Updated in necessary welcome day procedures
FOCUSED HEALTH MANAGEMENT & ASSESSMENTS
- We have protocols in place in consultation with public health for how to assess, monitor, report and isolate any symptomatic visitor, staff or camper and ensure property and procedure maximize healthy & safety
- We will screen those coming on site – including all guests, staff or campers to be symptom free
- There will be the installation of appropriate barriers in places where physical distancing is not possible
- There will continue to be cleaning and disinfectant logs tracking the daily procedures
- Campers and staff will be monitored and checked to ensure they are healthy
PRIORITIZING HAND & PERSONAL HYGIENE
- New hand washing stations will be situated around camp
- Each cabin will have rotations times for hand washing
- Before and after all meals there will be hand washing time
- More hand sanitization locations set up around camp in high traffic areas
- Teaching campers and staff proper hand washing technique
HEALTH & SAFETY UPGRADES THAT ARE HAPPENING AROUND CAMP
* All enhanced safety and healthy measures and procedures that we will have in place for Summer 2022 will be affirmed collectively by Simcoe Muskoka Public Health Unit, a Kwasind Health Advisory team and our the Kwasind senior leadership team and inline with all government required regulations.
2 PROGRAMMATIC SHIFTS TO BETTER HEALTH & SAFETY FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF OVERNIGHT SUMMER CAMP
Nothing like getting to access to All Camp Activities/Electives to end off a Great Week of Camp!
Click here to find out more about ALL ACCESS PASS
This is great to ensure that we provide a best practice related to our health and safety measures. With the All Access Pass we are able to ensure that camper cohorts (from different cabins or designated smaller groupings) do not mix throughout the week and allows for effective tracing. Historically, each camper would get 2 elective choices which would have them interacting with campers of all ages, now they will get 25 experiences, just with their own cohort. The All Access Pass ensures that campers are still able to get to do the elective they really like – they just now they get access to try every other element at camp as well throughout the week.
This is unique for this year as is a great chance for campers to explore and try new activities while still being able to get a chance to do their much loved ones!
Cabin Groupings for more Memorable Experiences
Why More Cabin Group time at Camp?
The value of more time as a cabin group is that it maximizes the cabin bonding and connection with leaders, it improves ability to make camp feel more like camp when just with your cabin, it minimize any potential spread and it opens up the opportunity for change to see how we can continue to provide new and improved program elements in future years!