FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you have a question or a suggestion for this FAQ page, please forward it to our camp office at your convenience. Thanks!
Q: I registered online but didn’t pay my account in full. Can I go back onto my account to pay the balance owing?
A: YES! You can log back into your online account to add sessions, edit session options (e.g., tuck deposit), and make new payments.
CAMP SESSION INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Here are some last minute details for parents of campers registered for Weeks 1 – 7:
Click here to see our suggested packing list of what to bring (or not to bring) to camp.
CHECK IN TIME AT CAMP (FIRST DAY) 1:30 – 3:00 pm
PICK UP TIME AT CAMP (LAST DAY) 10 – 11 am
Click here for Bus Location / pickup / drop-off times
Have you signed up for electives preferences? If not, sign into your online account, select your camper(s) and open the Electives Preference Form.
HEALTH CARD / MEDICATIONS
Everyone completes the camper medical form online at the time of registration. Please contact the the camp office manager if any details on that form need to be updated. Please be aware that we also need a copy of your camper’s health card. To save time in the check-in line, you can upload a scanned copy to your online account or email a copy to us ahead of time to email@example.com.
If your camper is bringing any medications to camp, please be sure they are in the original medication containers clearly labeled with camper name, dosage and timing, and if possible in a ziploc bag, ready to be handed in to the nurse on site.
FOOD ALLERGIES / RESTRICTIONS?
If your camper has any dietary restrictions that was not recorded on the medical form please email us ASAP so that our kitchen can be prepared to accommodate allergies and/or restrictions.
WEEKLY CAMP SESSION THEMES / COSTUMES
Each week has a different theme which ends in a Friday “banquet” where campers and staff are encouraged to dress up or in simple costumes according to the week’s theme. We encourage you to pack a few simple accessories that can help you have fun in dressing up for that week’s theme. Campers will also have access to the craft cabin to create some accessories for their costumes if they wish.
We use a camper email system (Bunk1) for sending emails (instructions will be provided to parents at check-in). We suggest no more than 2 emails in a week, and keeping them short and positive. (e.g., encourage them with how much you look forward to hearing stories of all they have done, rather than telling them how much you miss them.)
We kindly ask that parents do not send “care packages” for campers only staying one week. As much as this might seem like a fun thing for the camper, it can often trigger homesickness in both the receiving camper and other campers in the cabin. If packages are received, they will be given to campers at the discretion of the cabin leader.
In order to give campers the maximum camp experience, we do not allow any technology devices (e.g. phones, tablets, iPods, video games) to be kept in the camper cabins and prefer that campers do not bring them to the camp at all. If a camper does arrive with any technology device, we will store it in our camp safe for the during of the week and will return it to the camper at check out on the final day. Thank you for your cooperation in this.
Q: I made a donation to the camp on my registration form. When will I receive the tax receipt for this donation?
A: Tax receipts for all donations to the camp (including the ones on registration forms) will be sent early in the new year (no later than the end of February).
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
We recognize that not only do plans change sometimes and you must withdraw your child from camp, but that we are also living in uncertain times and decisions surrounding safety and health are needing to be taken into account as we look towards what we see is to be an EPIC 2021 Summer at Kwasind.
Here are some helpful dates to know in regard to cancellations and refunds that will be issued.
- Cancellations made before April 15, 2021 will receive a full 100% refund – no questions asked and no administrative fee.
- Cancellations made between April 15 and 2 weeks prior to the start of camp, will receive a full refund of summer camp fees & transportation fees if applicable less a $25/week administration fee.
- Cancellations made with less than 2 weeks prior to the start of camp will not receive a refund (includes camp fees and transportation fees if applicable), unless there is a medical reason with support from a doctor, in which case you will receive a full refund minus a $25/week administrative fee.
- For reasons related to dismissal from camp due to disciplinary action, late arrivals or early departures, campers will not receive any refunds.
COVID-19 Cancellation Situations
- If Camp Kwasind is required to close due to COVID-19 as mandated by the government or by the decision of the camp leadership, all families will receive a 100% no-hassle full refund of all summer camp fees.
- Should you choose Camp Kwasind, and later decide you need to keep your child at home this summer due to COVID-19 concerns, we’ve got your back. Camp Kwasind will offers a no-hassle full refund of summer camp fees less $25/week for administrative costs.
Medical Cancellation Situations
- If your child is required to not come to camp or needing to leave camp early due to physician orders due to illness (including the potential requirement for those with symptoms of COVID-19 to have to leave) you will receive a refund for the fees for the unused time at camp minus a $25 administrative fee.